Volunteer with us
During this process we will be recruiting 10 dedicated volunteers as mentors to help establish a relationship between all parties and ultimately assist the young people to imagine and work towards creating art, and utilizing the time they have.
If you are a student with an interest to develop an understanding of the therapeutic attributes of art, with a can-do attitude and would like to get involved please email a one page summarised CV and a short paragraph on how you meet the criteria on questions 1-5 to email@example.com
1. Are you passionate about giving back to the local community?
2. Do you have an interest in aiding researchers, artists and psychologists to help young women work towards becoming the best version of themselves?
3. Would you like to help inspire, through mentoring, young people vulnerable to extremist thoughts?
4. Are you able to commit to us 5 hours a week?
5. Do you have some experience of working with young people or are equally enthusiastic at the prospect of working with young people?
*Reimbursement for travel and food, and training will be provided for all volunteers.
British Engagement Programme for Displaced Children seeks to enhance understanding of British values, culture, and history through a professionally developed non-formal curricula designed for displaced (i.e. asylum seekers, forced migrants) families' children, aged between 10-16.
On 27 November 2015, LCSS has successfully organised a roundtable at SOAS to discuss the recent Migrant Crisis
In August 2015, LCSS has successfully conducted the Training Programme on Ottoman and Archival Studies, which took place in London and Oxford.
We are excited to conduct LCSS's first summer school and to host a lovely group of students from Azerbaijan. 20 July - 14 August
International Conference on Gender and Education: Critical Issues, Policy and Practice: Re-Gendering Education
LCSS’s growing gender platform continued its international conference series in Bloomington, IN, United States on International Conference on Gender and Education
Feray J. Baskin - PhD Candidate, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
Daniela Alaattinoğlu - PhD Candidate, European University Institute - Florence, Italy
Interview by Ozdemir Ahmet - On Thursday 4 April 2013 An interview was conducted with Baroness Molly Meacher at the House of Lords where questions were put out to her with regards to the welfare reforms introduced by the coalition.